10/19: Dead Snow 2


Welp, there I am, all kinds of backed up again. Whatcanyado.

10/19: For tonight's film I was hankerin' for some Nazi zombies so I went to the premiere source, Dead Snow. I loved the original (perfect balance of camp and bad ass), which I watched during the Binge a few years ago, so of course I gave the sequel a go. Yet again, a Nazi zombie homer out of the park, and, in fact, I might even like this one better.

Dead Snow 2 picks up right where the original left off; the main character escapes only to wake up in the hospital to find that the chief Nazi zombie's arm has been grafted onto his own. This gives him the handy ability to raise the dead himself, but it does come with side effects (i.e. not being able to control his urges/strength, leading to some pretty amazingly hilarious situations). He utilizes his abilities to (spoiler alert) raise his own army against the Nazis: a long dead Red Army battalion that gets a Round Two against the Nazis. Just, ya know in Nazi form. Yes, it's that friggin' awesome.  

Suffice to say I dug this movie. You really can't go wrong with Nazi zombies, and Dead Snow 2 is finds the perfect recipe just the original. It's a blast. 

10/10


Comments

Popular Posts