10/11: Deathgasm


Film for yesterday:

10/11: Today based on a couple recommendations I watched Deathgasm. This was another one I wasn't giving my undivided attention to, which was really unfortunate because this movie captured my 'lil metal loving heart. It reminded me a lot of Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny (which apparently I'm the only person in who likes it): metal-loving teens find a song that can summon a demon. They play it and it summons zombie-like demon creatures and eventually the demon himself (there's a cult too for good measure). Along the way there's a pretty damn adorable star-crossed lovers story centering around one of the teens and a more straight preppy girl.

D'awwwwwwwww

The music in this is killer and it does a great job of not taking itself, or metal, too seriously. The special effects are very well done (and practical for the most part too!). It walks the balance of camp and metal bad ass-ness (bad ass-ity?) perfectly. Like I said, this really demands a repeat, more focused watch from me, but what I saw I really loved.

9/10

(yeah, I know that was a terrible review. Sorry. Stressssssfullllllll timmmeeee)




Comments

Popular Posts