Army of Darkness


10/24: Two Raimi films in a row! For yesterday's film I watched Army of Darkness. I wished once I started watching that I had seen Evil Dead 2, but having seen Evil Dead, I'm guessing I got the gist. Army of Darkness follows Ash, a store clerk, who gets sucked by the evil book in Evil Dead 2 (The Necronomicon) to medieval times where he must stop an army of the undead from wiping that populace. Armed with his sometimes chainsaw/sometimes gauntlet had and "boomstick," Ash vanquished the undead bastards in the most hilarious way possible. The movie is, again in Raimi fashion, is completely ridiculous, with such scenes as Ash being tormented by several mini-Ash's. Raimi is brilliant at fusing horror and absolutely ludicrous cheese, and this is evident in full force with Army of Darkness. This is slapstick horror, and how many other movies can you say that about?

8.5/10

Comments

Popular Posts