Teeth and Rocky Horror Picture Show


Alright, so I've fallen way behind. I've still been watching but haven't had time to write reviews, so here's the past couple days:

Thursday 10/22: Today's film was Teeth, a lovely little film revolving around a girl born with teeth in her nether regions. Because, ya know, why not. In a nutshell the main character is a bible thumper,  crusader who inevitably ends up succumbing to the vices of the world. She eventually winds up removing the genitalia and a few fingers of some unwise fellas. The movie ends (spoiler alert) with a strong allusion that she will continue on as a serial genetalia-biter-offer (the best title I can come up with).

So, I mean, how much can I honestly say about this movie? It's a movie about a girl with teeth in a place I would like to believe most people probably don't want teeth. Not really sure where to go from there. I mean, if that's your jam and you find yourself seeking out movies with that as a central component, than by all means, this is your movie. Otherwise it's a pretty gimmicky concept alá Human Centipede that a dumb filmmaker thought about probably while high and got a good giggle out of. And don't give me some crap about it being some highfalutin warning about sex for males or the fear of the female anatomy. It's about a crotch with teeth. That's pretty much the extent of it. 

3.5/10

Friday 10/23: Tonight I watched the Halloween classic The Rocky Horror Picture Show, something that should really be on everyone's list for a Halloween watching. However, there's a caveat to that; as I've said in a review before, you have to see Rocky Horror live, because let's be honest, this is a terrible movie. As one of the actors at the showing said last night, this movie is uber-crappy but has great music. And Tim Curry. It's a blast to see live and everyone must do it at least once. There's not much more that I think needs to be said about it; it's super fun. Once again I will not post a rating as the movie is so bad, but man the experience is a ball. 

Comments

Popular Posts