A Nightmare on Elm Street 2


Alright so I'm still crazy behind, but here's the movie from yesterday.

10/6: For today's film I watched A Nightmare on Elm Street 2, easily what I'm sure will be the gayest movie I'll watch all month. Really, I'm not kidding or making a joke here. It is really one of the gayest horror movies ever. If you don't believe me look here. Oh, and here. Hey, lookie here too. 

Yeah, so, with my abundance of proof, NoES2 is essentially about a gay man in the closet. He can't have sex with his girlfriend, Freddy keeps wanting to get into his body, he whips his naked, BDSM-y gym teacher to death with a towel in the showers (while he's tied up to boot), and c'mon--he has a game called Probe in his closet. IN HIS CLOSET. Not hiding it super well. 

All gay subtext aside though, this movie really blows. It's really a pretty crappy movie that makes very little sense and in many ways craps on the legacy of the original. Seeing as how this didn't satisfy my slasher bug, be expecting another in a few days. Freddy, you disappoint, no matter how in the closet you are.

3/10

Comments

Popular Posts