The Wicker Man


Tonight's horror flick was the much-recommended The Wicker Man--and not the Nick Cage remake, as much of a high water mark of modern cinema as that was. 

First off, let me start by saying fuck hippies. See the end of this movie and seeing where worshipping nature gets you.

All kidding aside, wow... this is a very, very different horror movie from your usual crop of horror. From the music to the story to even the atmosphere this movie feels different from nearly any other horror movie I've ever seen. It was really unfortunate I saw the Cage remake first (a movie you must watch drunk to appreciate) as it kind of ruined where the movie was going but I still wasn't prepared at all for the type of movie this was. It actually feels much more akin to something like The Graduate than conventional horror, with the music and overall feeling of the movie. 

I say all this as I most certainly enjoyed the movie, but I still feel after watching as though I don't fully fathom what I watched. I feel this is definitely a movie in the category of needing to be rewatched and I definitely look forward to giving it another run through. 

The Wicker Man is going to stick with me for awhile, namely the ending which is incredibly chilling. Want some very, very different horror? Check this out.

9/10 

Comments

  1. I almost want to see this....But the Nicholas Cage remake left such a lasting impression on me...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts