Piranha DD


Tonight's horror flick was Piranha DD. I really enjoyed the first Piranha remake when I watched it last year for being all anyone could want in a purposely shitty movie but the same can't really be said for this, the sequel. The trailer for DD is fucking hilarious (I'll post it below) and got me really excited for it, but sadly this is one of those movies where literally every good part of the movie is shown in the trailer. The whole "attack on the water park" that the trailer purports the movie is all about lasts all of about 15 minutes of the movie, and the rest is shitty set up that isn't entertaining. I think as hilarious an idea is of a piranha attack on a water park is I think the execution in the movie is obvious that the creators had no idea how to fill an entire movie with the idea. I mean, it's a water park... how hard is it to get people out? The whole movie ends up feeling old hat to the original remake and never reaches how funny and ridiculous that one gets. If you want a better experience spend your hour and a half just watching the trailer on loop. At least the movie has David Hasselhoff being a douche, Gary Busey biting the head off a piranha, Ving Rhames exploding piranhas with a shotgun leg, and the triumphant return of the mighty Christopher Lloyd. But again, you get all that in the trailer...

4.5/10

   

Comments

Popular Posts