IT WON'T STAY DEAD

Well, this blog, that is.

Hey, 'member that time when I said I was gonna do a year wrap up of all my movies from last year? Yeah, I 'member that time...

Well, it didn't happen. Fatigue set in HARD last year and by the end of the month I was so exhausted from horror-watching that I wondered if I would ever do the Binge again. In fact, I was almost positive I wouldn't (maybe 5 years was enough). By the end of last October with teaching, celebrating Halloween and general awesome Fall-ness, I was dead tired. I know I'm often dramatic with how exhausting the Binge can be, but consider: an hour and a half to 3 hours every day for a month spent movie watching. Plus, it's horror, which ain't exactly always skippin' in a daisy field. 

The hills are alive with the sound of zombies. For 31 days. 

In other words: I love the Binge; but, at the same time, I really, really hate it.

All that said, I AM a sadist, so here I am for a sixth year of horror bingeing. And honestly? I'm super excited. After all, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I fully expect to end the month of October with my eyes blood shot, mind warped, and hankering to not see anything resembling horror until next October. Truth be told, though: I'll love every second of it, and complain along the way. Go me, a barrel of contractions!

Mostly I just wanted this long-winded, shut-the-hell-up-already post to put down my thoughts on this yearly excursion that I simultaneously love and want to stab myself in the head over.  I'll keep loving it though, and this year I'm not teaching anymore so I should actually have the time to watch movies. Woo!

Beyond this though, I just wanted to revive the blog and do the wrap-up post I never did last year for your quick referencing pleasure. See you in a couple days! Come for the horror reviews, stay for my descent into madness and self-inflicted pain. Ride with me!


Horror Flicks for 2016

10/1
Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension (3)

10/2
Lake Mungo (9)

10/3
Zombeavers (7)

10/4
All the Boys Love Mandy Lane (0)

10/5
The Hollow (8)

10/9
The Sacrament (5.5)
Devil (6)

10/10
The Old Dark House (8)

10/11
Deathgasm (9)

10/12
Jacob's Ladder (7)

10/13
Holidays (8)

10/14
Jaws (10)

10/15
Creep (8)

10/16
The Woman in Black (8)

10/17
Human Centipede 3 (negative-like-a-billion-or-something-I-don't-give-a-crap-anymore)

10/19
Dead Snow 2 (10)

10/20
Dead Ringers (6)

10/21
Alice Sweet Alice (6.5)

10/22
Hocus Pocus (6.5)
The Nightmare Before Christmas (10)
The Thing (10)

10/24
Black Death (8)

10/25
The Vatican Tapes (5)

10/27
The Broken (8)

10/28
Vampyres (2.5)

10/29
Don't Breathe (8.5)

10/31
Pulse (6)

Comments

Popular Posts